.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Relaxing Monday

My boyfriend Chip and I had a wonderful Holiday off of school. We started off by grabbing breakfast at Dixie Grill in downtown Wilmington. We always love going to breakfast because it is our favorite meal and Dixie Grill is always sure to please. It has been voted Wilmington's best breakfast. With fresh ingredients, pancakes as big as your head, eclectic decor and a friendly and smiling staff, Dixie Grill is always one that you want to come back to! I highly suggest their omelets, they're great and always feed me more than one meal!
After breakfast, we went by target to pick up a new book for myself. I couldn't help but stop by the home decor section. The geometric and chevron trends are growing and there are many tutorials on how to paint your own rug with geometric designs, such as this...
However, making your own rug such as the one above can require a lot of supplies, such as a plain sisal rug that can run you around $30, alone. This DIY project can become costly and time consuming. I found a rug just the same at Target for 14.99, making it an easy way to incorporate this trend in your home without spending a lot of money!
While roaming the aisles of Target, I also discovered Target's "Golden Days" home interior line with some amazing chevron chic accents! Chevron is rapidly becoming more popular with home decor and fashion. Here is what I found...
You can find these pieces at your local Target or Target Online...
$24.99
$19.99 (available in 3 colors)
$49.99
$89.99

After a nice breakfast and trip to target, we came home to make some "heathy chocolate chip cookies" I found off pinterest. They are made with Oat flour and rice milk for a whopping 23 calories a cookie making them acceptable for my resolution to eat healthy! They actually aren't that bad! You can find the recipe here.
Hope everyone enjoyed their Martin Luther King Holiday!



“I have decided to stick to love...Hate is too great a burden to bear.” -Martin Luther King Jr.
-Katie


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
custom blog design