.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My Sick Soup

Well, its flu season..and I've caught it. The only thing that made me feel better today, was a hearty bowl of tomato basil soup my mom brought by. Soup and Mom when you're sick, what's better than that? It certainly made my throat feel better and was soothing enough to help me fall back asleep. If you find yourself not feeling well, I highly suggest this recipe...


Easy Tomato Basil Soup
3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
2-14 oz cans of crushed tomatoes
1- 14 oz can of whole tomatoes
2 cups of stock (chicken or vegetable)
1 tsp of sea salt
1 tsp of sugar
1/2 tsp of fresh ground pepper
1/4 cup of heavy cream
3 tablespoons of fresh basil, julienned
parmesan cheese

In a saucepan, saute garlic in olive oil on medium heat for one minute. Be careful not to burn the garlic. Add crushed tomatoes. Add whole tomatoes one at a time, squeezing them int the pan to break them up. Add the juice from the whole tomatoes, as well. Add stock, salt, pepper and sugar. Cook the soup on medium at a simmer for 10 minutes. To finish, reduce heat to low and stir in heavy cream and basil. Top with parmesan and served with grilled cheese!


Stay healthy!
-Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
custom blog design